Digiant Digital Terrestrial Antenna
The DigiAnt name... ant/six legs; ant also short for antenna; born for new TV digital migration (DVB-T, DVB-T2 and digital standards).
This digital terrestrial antenna was invented to allow for easy deployment while fitting in a very small package for transport. The antenna employs 6 curved elements tapering from a small base to a large aperture when mounted.
The Digiant digital terrestrial antenna, which can technically be described as a “skeletal Vivaldi” type antenna, provides a large signal capturing aperture while it’s visual and mechanical structure seems minimal. The 6 tapered legs which curves away from each other in pairs allow good gain and reception pattern over the full UHF TV band – something which was difficult to achieve with Yagi and Bowtie grid antennas which are currently often used.
DigiAnt achieves the required signal capture area (or size) when erected, but collapses to a very small package for transport and storage. The innovative hinged mechanism allows it to be taken from the package and transformed into the full size antenna without any loose parts in an operation as simple as opening an umbrella, using a similar principle as used by umbrellas.
The antenna consists mainly of pre-cast aluminium components which have very good corrosion resistance. The parts are also very repeatedly produced from moulds ensuring consistent quality. The moulded elements were designed to taper from thicker at the base to thinner at the tips which is ideal in terms of reducing the force of wind and mechanical vibration while minimizing the over cost and weight of the antenna.
- UHF terrestrial TV antenna
- Covers all UHF TV channels
- First new TV antenna in 60 years
- Patented and invented by Poynting Antennas
- Collapsible to 20x deployed size. Deploys as easy as an umbrella
- Can transport 20,000 antennas in 20’ container – about 5 to 10 times more than traditional UHF antennas
- Can withstand high speed winds, temperatures and vibration
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Covers TV channels 14 to 83 (470 MHz to 890 MHz)
- Very reliable gain over band (10 dBi)
- Mainly die cast Al. Recyclable and weather resistant
- Weighs only 406g
- Integrated pole mount
- Vertically and horizontally polarized mounting options
- Integrated F-type connector for RG6 cable
- Domestic UHF TV reception (digital and analogue)
- DVB-T, DVB-T2 and digital standards
- PAL/NTSC and other analogue TV reception
- TV whitespace internet devices
Where To Buy
If you're from Ireland, you can buy the Digiant Digital Terrestrial Aerial from our physical store located at Novatel Communications, 24 Main Street, Buttevant, Co. Cork.
You can order online by clicking the Add to Cart button and proceed to checkout page and pay using your credit card via Stripe payment gateway, which is safe and secured.
Ordering is safe, fast and easy with Novatel. We ship nationwide.